- The Chase
- My taxi dropped me off at the Fantasyland Hotel adjacent to the Edmonton Mall. I arrived that morning for a business meeting a day early, wanting to relax from a long flight from Hong Kong after visiting my ex Davey for a week. I needed time to recuperate from him and start a new life, not that I had hopes for finding a man in Canada for my brief visit. I checked in, unpacked, and looked at the tourist guide for the mall. It had a convenient Gold’s Gym, a place for me to ease my frustrations with a vigorous work out. Packing my gym bag, I dashed out of my room, heading for the gym.
- Changing my clothes in the changing room, I found very few exercising in Gold’s, appreciating no lines for equipment. After a few machines, I noticed a man resting adjacent to me, peaking glances as I bench pressed. At first I thought nothing about it, until moving to another area. He followed me, working out and peering but not behaving competitive.
- Completing my routines, sweaty and needing a shower, I traipsed to the men’s locker room. Lathering my body with soap, I soon noticed the same man standing in the next shower, deliberately bathing himself in suggestive areas. From the corners of my eyes, I looked, scrutinizing his every feature. Although quite good looking, gorgeous blue eyes, dark hair, and trim but not overly buffed, I cautiously finished, quickly paced myself to my locker, dried and dressed, leaving him behind.
- I chose to explore the attractions in this very large indoor Edmonton Mall. I glanced around Abercrombie & Fitch, noting the latest styles and found nothing of interest. I stopped in Hollister Company. Remembering there was a large indoor pool and waterslides at the far end of the mall, I purchased swimwear. As I stood in cue, the curious man from the gym waited to purchase a similar swimsuit. Becoming suspicious I knew he followed me into the store.
- As I exited, he stood waiting. “I know you may think me peculiar, following you in the gym and buying a swimsuit like yours, but I have to explain why.”
- “I think you should.”
- “When I saw you in the gym,” he paused moment, “I was sure I knew you. But then I realized you were part of a dream I had last night.”
- I laughed. “is that all you can say?”
- “I’m serious. It took place here in the mall, just like I’m telling you and everything so far is from my night’s fantasy.”
- “I’m intrigued. And what happens next?” I stared seriously with a cunning smile.
- “We introduce ourselves.” He paused momentarily. “I’m Ben
- “I’m Patrick.”
- “We don’t know where we’re going but we walk together to the same location at the end of the mall.”
- “Shall we go?”
- We strolled silently together to the Changeroom to the World Waterpark Pool, dressed in our nearly identical swimsuits, had fun in the Wavepool, and slid down the Twister, Cyclone, and the Skyscreamer.
- Suddenly I realized I was enjoying myself, an experience I couldn’t remember, and I sensed he was too.
- Showering under adjacent nozzles, we smiled, scouring each other’s bodies while ignoring the surrounding crowd men and boys.
- Ben led me through Caribbean Cove, pointing out the replica of the antique ship from the past, and then into Galaxyland, the large amusement park. He tempted me to ride the Mindbender Rollercoaster; I obliged, screaming my lungs out with excitement. And afterwards we rode the Cosmo and Cosmic Revolution. If our stomach’s had any food, we would have lost it in heaves. We walked out the nausea to observe the ice skaters in the Ice Palace.
- “I think I’ll pass on anymore exercise,” I confessed. “I’m hungry. How about you?”
- “I know the perfect place. We could indulge in a cocktail before.” Patrick grinned, posing seductively in a stance asserting authority.
- “I’m not used to someone like you.” I regretted the slip from my past to burst out. Davie was just the opposite of Ben, wanting me always to take control.
- “I know.”
- As we sipped our martinis in the lounge of Jubilation’s Dinner Theatre, I understood Patrick’s dream had become a reality and I was the man he fantasized. It all seemed farfetched but I played along, needing to discover what transpired next and the ending. He had awakened a dream I once had but suppressed.
- Patrick treated me to dinner, apologizing for coming on too strong and possibly leading me somewhere I had not planned.
- “I have truly enjoyed myself,” I told him. My eyes squinted, teasing him to pursue the night with me further. I wanted more of him. “So how does your dream end?”
- “There is no end.”
- “I’d like to continue the night.” I flirted, smiling deviously. “Your dream has become my fantasy. You chase me.”
- “And where does that lead?” Patrick whispered above the surrounding low chatter of diners.
- “Room 2202, Fantasyland Hotel.”
Please read and comment on more Thursday Thrills written by my writing friends:
1.Wildfire8470s Erotica, Stories, and Books
2.The AfterDark World with Ray Sostre